Aaron M. Kelly, founding partner of The Kelly / Warner Law Firm, focuses his law practice on Internet law, defamation law, and business law. Mr. Kelly is a seasoned online law attorney, who serves small businesses, tech companies and startups. Among them are direct marketers, affiliate marketers, affiliate networks, online auction websites, advertisers, venture capitalists, web hosting providers, and search engine optimization (SEO) firms. Over the past several years, Aaron Kelly has also grown a well-respected defamation law practice that focuses on online libel litigation.
In The News & On The Circuit
News outlets, including the Wall Street Journal, have interviewed Mr. Kelly about various online privacy legal issues. Recently, Aaron Kelly appeared on NBC-affiliate, Channel 12. An experienced author and lecturer on various Internet topics, Aaron has spoken about FTC regulations and guidelines, social media, tactics for online discovery, and Internet marketing tips. Aaron Kelly is also a contributing author for avvo.com on marketing and advertising for lawyers.
An Internet & Defamation Law Resource
Mr. Kelly leverages his education and real-world experience to keep his clients up-to-date with what’s new on the legal front for online businesses so they can remain in compliance with the law. Mr. Kelly is also the owner of an Internet marketing and consulting firm, including a company that generates leads for lawyers. Mr. Kelly also provides general oversight for numerous websites and often hosts online discussion forums with Internet marketing as the main focus.
Tech Industry Relationships
Lawyer Aaron Kelly is an advocate and strong supporter of cutting-edge and innovative ideas that embrace the entrepreneurial spirit, and his firm has sponsored a number of events aimed at helping startups. Not bound by the proverbial box, Aaron M. Kelly has built a strong network of connections throughout the online and business worlds in order to set up potential introductions between connections who may mutually benefit each other. It is with this type of commitment that brings Mr. Kelly to build and foster relationships for the success and growth of his clientele. As a result, many business relationships are budding and thriving for the long-term.
Aaron Kelly plays an active role as a respected member of the Arizona legal community. He holds several positions of professional leadership, as both the Chairman of the Continuing Legal Education Committee and Vice Chairman of the Membership Committee for the Arizona Association for Justice. While balancing these positions in the local legal community, Aaron participates in the American Association for Justice.
Additionally, Mr. Kelly serves as Vice Chairman of the State Bar of Arizona’s Member Assistance Committee. Here he confidentially provides peer assistance and support to lawyers suffering from physical or mental health issues, stress, addiction, chemical dependency, or whatever other issues that have an effect on their legal practices and lives. This high level of discretion, compassion, and basic willingness to help address sensitive issues are not only an asset to Mr. Kelly’s colleagues, but anyone who chooses to involve themselves in a professional relationship.
Aaron M. Kelly possesses a bachelor’s degree in Economics from the Eli Broad College of Business at Michigan State University. He received his law degree from the Michigan State University College of Law and is licensed to practice law in Arizona and Michigan.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Internet Law
- Internet Marketing Law
- Advertising & Communication Law
- Privacy Law
- Internet Defamation
- Intellectual Property
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona
- Michigan State University College of Law, East Lansing, Michigan
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Michigan State University – Eli Broad College of Business, East Lansing, Michigan
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Major: Economics
- Mining the Internet: Using Social Network sites to your clients advantage, Arizona Association for Justice
- FTC Guidelines: Changes in the regulations that affect bloggers
- Mining the Internet, Arizona Trial Lawyers Association
- Creating secondary sites for your law practice, A2Zing, L.L.C.
- Consumer Privacy, Call For Action
- Legal issues in Internet Marketing, ASU College of Business
- Social Media & Privacy, SMAZ (Social Media AZ)
- Facebook Facial Recognition, Channel 12 News Interview
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Arizona, Vice President, Member Assistance Committee
- Arizona Association for Justice, Chairman of Continuing Legal Education Committee
- American Association for Justice
- Scottsdale Bar Association
- Performance Marketing Association
- SEO Professionals
- Ecommerce and Internet Law Section of the State of Arizona Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer Lawyer Program of Arizona