Aaron M. Kelly, founding partner of The Kelly/Warner Law Firm, focuses on online marketing compliance law, defamation law and business law. Mr. Kelly is a Martindale-Hubble-rated attorney who also enjoys a “superb” rating on lawyer review website, AVVO. In general, Aaron works with small businesses, tech companies, startups, direct marketers, affiliate marketers, affiliate networks, advertisers, venture capitalists, web hosting providers, and search engine optimization (SEO) firms. He also has aided hundreds of individuals and companies who’ve been defamed or trade libeled — both online and off.
In The News & On The Circuit
You may have caught Aaron on TV, as he is called on to do on-air spots as a “legal specialist” by several media outlets, including NBC and FOX. An experienced author and lecturer, Aaron also regularly participates in industry conferences, giving lectures and workshops on everything from FTC regulations and guidelines to online discovery tactics.
An Internet & Defamation Law Resource
Mr. Kelly leverages his education and real-world experience to keep clients up-to-date on ever-changing cyber-libel and Internet laws. Also the owner of an Internet marketing and consulting firm, including a lawyer lead generation consultancy, Aaron is wired into the technology industry. An active member of many online marketing discussion forums, you can often find him doling out invaluable legal advice somewhere in the more advertising-centric corners of the Internet.
Tech Industry Relationships
Lawyer Aaron Kelly is an advocate and strong supporter of innovative ideas and the entrepreneurial spirit. To prove the firm’s commitment to the industry, Kelly Warner is a proud event sponsor at notable events, like Affiliate Summit.
Not bound by the proverbial box, Aaron M. Kelly, Esq. has built a strong network of tech-industry connections, and he takes pleasure in connecting like-business-minded clients (with their permission, of course). Who knows, you may come to Kelly Warner with a minor legal problem, and leave as a partner in the hot new start-up.
He’s Also One Of Those Guys Who Is Active In The Legal Community…
Aaron Kelly plays an active role as a respected member of the Arizona legal community. He holds several positions of professional leadership, as both the Chairman of the Continuing Legal Education Committee and Vice Chairman of the Membership Committee for the Arizona Association for Justice. While balancing these positions in the local legal community, Aaron participates in the American Association for Justice.
Additionally, Mr. Kelly serves as Vice Chairman of the State Bar of Arizona’s Member Assistance Committee. Here, he confidentially provides peer assistance and support to lawyers suffering from physical or mental health issues, stress, addiction, chemical dependency, or whatever other issues that have an effect on their legal practices and lives. This high level of discretion, compassion, and basic willingness to help address sensitive issues are not only an asset to Mr. Kelly’s colleagues, but anyone who chooses to involve themselves in a professional relationship.
And when he’s not lawyering, volunteering or gaming, you can probably find Aaron drooling over pictures and details of ’66 Corvette Stingrays and 1990 Ferrari F40s, or blogging about the legal battles of his pick for the “21st Century Car Award,” Tesla Motors.
Aaron has a bachelor’s degree in Economics from the Eli Broad College of Business at Michigan State University. He received his law degree from the Michigan State University College of Law and is licensed to practice law in Arizona and Michigan.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Internet Law
- Internet Marketing Law
- Advertising & Communication Law
- Privacy Law
- Internet Defamation
- Intellectual Property
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona
- Michigan State University College of Law, East Lansing, Michigan
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Michigan State University – Eli Broad College of Business, East Lansing, Michigan
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Major: Economics
- Mining the Internet: Using Social Network sites to your clients advantage, Arizona Association for Justice
- FTC Guidelines: Changes in the regulations that affect bloggers
- Mining the Internet, Arizona Trial Lawyers Association
- Creating secondary sites for your law practice, A2Zing, L.L.C.
- Consumer Privacy, Call For Action
- Legal issues in Internet Marketing, ASU College of Business
- Social Media & Privacy, SMAZ (Social Media AZ)
- Facebook Facial Recognition, Channel 12 News Interview
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Arizona, Vice President, Member Assistance Committee
- Arizona Association for Justice, Chairman of Continuing Legal Education Committee
- American Association for Justice
- Scottsdale Bar Association
- Performance Marketing Association
- SEO Professionals
- Ecommerce and Internet Law Section of the State of Arizona Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer Lawyer Program of Arizona